Connection with Necromancy
Illusion, as an arcane art, would also be a necromantic art: Necromancy, which was called a School of Arcane Magic, is defined as the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead. Since necromancy is an arcane art, the arcane art is a necromantic art (art of, from, or relating to, necromancy): If arcane isn't necromantic, necromancy wouldn't be an arcane art.
In addition, the Spirit of life (or life's Spirit) is in everything, if Micky remembers correctly. If Micky did remember correctly, constructed apparitions would have the Spirit of life despite the fact that they would be dead (constructs aren't truly living things).
Apparitions constructed by demon/fel spellsFel is entropic as in "destroys life to fuel the caster's spells". Since the destruction of life is required for the fuel of fel spells, life must have something integral to (a part of) the fuel of fel spells: If (key word: If) life doesn't have something integral (a part of) the fuel of fel spells, life wouldn't need to be destroyed. The something life has, which would be integral (a part of) the fuel of fel spells, might be life essence/force (which souls are): Jeremy Feasel stated that fel uses souls as energy.
Even though Sean Copeland stated that fel magic is not the same as necromantic magic, the Eye of Kilrogg spell (which was referred to as a demon spell) was called a variation on necromantic magiks. This might be because constructs aren't truly living things and apparitions constructed with soul energy would merely be souls.
- ↑ The Schools of Arcane Magic - Illusion - Illusion is the art of deceiving reality itself.
- ↑ Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron - There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
- ↑ Micky Neilson on Twitter - Spirit of life is in everything, if I remember correctly.
- ↑ World of Warcraft > Forums > Community > Story Forum > Fel isn't Arcane: Bobby Vandenberg@Purpadude1h@Loreology @MickeyFrogeater And Fel is entropic, you said once. What did you mean by that? Is Arcane entropic? Is Void?Sean Copeland@Loreology1h @Purpadude @MickeyFrogeater Entropic as in "destroys life to fuel the caster's spells". Hellfire Peninsula is a great of example of that. :)
- ↑ http://classic.battle.net/war2/units/ogre.shtml - This spell is a variation on the summoning and necromantic magiks...